3/24: smooth exit

Sometimes (even "often") I get distracted by random tasks at the end of the work-day, and then I spend an extra hour in my office not being very productive but getting more harried and more hungry--which usually leads me to grab food on the go and return home feeling hassled. But today I left in a timely way, which means that I had the patience to make myself dinner at home and that I now have the wherewithal to start an evening of grading with less of a hassled feeling.

Oh! And in order to make such an exit I had to walk through thick pouring rain. The sidewalks were running with water a couple of inches deep in some places. But I didn't mind: I preferred getting wet to getting caught in my bad cycle by waiting in the office for the rain to stop. Here's a case in which getting soaked is a good thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

simplicity