3/7: opening

I slept in this morning since it's Saturday and the start of spring break. By the time I was eating my cereal the sun was certainly up. And all the flowers were open! For the past week I was wondering when the flowers in the yard would move from all-but-open to fully-open, and now they've done it. But today might not have been the magical first day of full-open-ness: I realized that for the past week I've been leaving the house before full sun in the morning & returning after sunset in the evening, so of course the flowers were shut when I've seen them recently. So today's good thing is a combination of the flowers' being open and my being around to witness it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

another strawberry shortcake, and even better than the first, with a little grand marnier to marinate the berries

RR said...

That sounds so good....

Anonymous said...

it was delicious, if you lived near me i would bring you a piece..