3/8: meeting the gardener

Although we've lived in our house for over a year now, we still haven't met everyone on the ridge. There are a variety of reasons for that: some people like to keep to themselves, some people's paths just don't cross ours in the normal course of things, and we just feel too shy to knock on people's front doors "cold" to introduce ourselves. But we've been wanting to meet the woman who has an amazing garden in her front yard because the bees spend so much time on her flowers. And today she was out working while I was taking my walk. So we talked, and I ran to get her some honey as a thank-you for her flowers, and then I met her spouse, too. I'm always awkward making small-talk (or so I think), but I was glad to meet these folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

catching myself creating drama over an issue with my partner and making a different choice