6/1: thumbs up (a year later)

Last year I had a cholesterol test done, and when the nurse gave me the results over the phone she didn't sound too happy with my numbers. So I've been trying to take measures over the past year to improve my cholesterol situation: eating whole grains, drinking cranberry juice, etc. Today I went for another cholesterol test, and the doctor told me that my numbers from last year were actually very good. My "bad" cholesterol number, he said, was the lowest he knew of among his patients! I'm still glad I took the measures, and I hope that they had some good effect. (It would be ironic, wouldn't it, if my numbers for this year are worse than last year's? But that's glass half-empty thinking, so I won't give it free rein here!)

3 comments:

elaine said...

my duaghters visit for a week, she leaves tomorrow, sad to see her go but have loved having her here, and she is back in a month for a job til the end of august,..she is a darling

Meri said...

... watching my two girls decorate muffins with bits of dark chocolate... both with colourful aprons and a happy smile on their face... by the way,finally I have mailed that postcard to you...

RR said...

It made me smile that both of your comments, Elaine and Meri, dealt with your daughters! (And I'll look forward to your postcard, Meri--thanks.)