2/15: a sighting at school etc.

I know I enthuse about bluebirds a lot, and they've been my good-thing-of-the-day quite often. There were other good things that happened today, but the most unexpected good thing was definitely seeing a bluebird as I was walking to my car at the end of the work-day. I don't think I've ever seen one on campus before, and I was very encouraged by it. I'm taking it as an omen that this week will be better than last.

And some of today's other good things:
- writing in the morning (about nothing in particular, just writing for half an hour)
- full office hours (my office hours have been under-visited so far this semester)
- a late-afternoon talk with a colleague
- seeing a heron standing at the edge of the lake as I drove home
- left-over spinakopita for dinner!
- finishing a full draft of an abstract and sending it out for comment
- wrapping up work this evening before I'm crying-tired

No comments: