10/7: small world

I've mentioned a number of times here that I participate in postcrossing. And I really enjoy it. Over the years I've been sending and receiving cards, the computerized postcrossing address assigner has matched me up with 2 graduates of the small college where I teach and 1 international student who applied to the college but (sadly) wasn't accepted to enroll. In one of the alum cases, she and I overlapped a little bit at the school: we both knew about the other, but never really met. In the second case, the alum graduated before I arrived but knows some of the same people I do. Today I received a second snail-mail note from her--what a delight.

4 comments:

Rados said...

Today I talked with customers by phone a little bit more than usually and I'm proud of this.

RR said...

Congratulations, Rados!

Barbara said...

My 11 year old grandson, who I got into Postcrossing, keeps hoping Nana's address will pop up!

My thing for today is EGGS! Rosie has been laying eggs all week and we just figured that out.

RR said...

Enjoy the eggs, Barbara! Today Chris helped some students at school with their chicken-coop and young chickens; I think he's smitten, and he's back to wanting some here at home....