1/5-1/8: off-line

I was in Philadelphia, a city which I enjoy. I didn't see much of the town, though, since I was at a business conference: my colleagues and I mostly stayed in the hotel's meeting rooms. But we were next to Reading Terminal Market and so ate lunch there everyday, and we ventured down to Serrano for dinner one night (a restaurant which my brother introduced me to some years ago). After that dinner we walked back to the hotel via the Liberty Bell, one of my favorite bits of Americana--and which one of my colleagues had never seen before. We were too late for the museum, but we could still see the Bell itself through the windows. I also met up with some friends from various pieces of my past, and it was nice for them to be part of my present, as well. All in all, our business was smoothly conducted, and these other good things were icing on the cake.

No comments: