1/2: problem-solving

Sad to say, I woke up on 1/1 with an "oh, no!" Last week I thought I had solved a complicated course-scheduling problem, but I had forgotten about a certain consideration. That consideration must have wormed its way to the surface during sleep, so (alas!) a work-related problem was pretty much the first thing on my mind in the new year. My poor conscious brain couldn't solve the problem, though I tried off and on throughout yesterday, but I must have done enough thinking around and about the issue that some solutions could work their way to clarity overnight, and I woke up this morning with two different possible approaches. At least one night of unconscious problem-solving offsets one night of unconscious problem-raising.

And I'm slowly chipping away at Medical Etymology. I've developed a good system for making it through the words (I've done about 500 of them so far), and taking the words apart (or building them up) feels a little like working math problems. (Not everyone's idea of a good time, I know, but I used to enjoy math back in the day....)

No comments: