1/12: a saturday trio

1.  My friend-in-the-blogosphere Barbara is recovering from an operation she had on Friday.  On her blog she says that the surgery report was "the best news possible."  This is a very (very) good thing indeed.

2.  During an earlier-than-usual walk down to the dock in the foggy, misty weather I photographed a little stream that had arisen to carry the day's rain to the lake:


I had intended to photograph the fog (which I did), but I like this picture of something I didn't expect to see better.

3.  Over the past few weeks we've been visiting cat shelters, dropping in on pet adoption days, and contacting people who are fostering rescue cats:  Emma the Cat is used to being around other cats, but since our dear companion Wilkie passed away in November Emma has been the house's sole feline.  We've been home a lot during the semester break, so Emma hasn't been alone much, but he may have missed the company of a fellow species-being.  Today at an adoption gathering hosted by an animal rescue group we found a kitty that might be a good fit for us and for Emma.  We brought her home, and as I type she's curled between my arms.  We're keeping our fingers crossed that she and Emma will make friends soon.  And when we go back to school next week, Emma won't be alone in the house during the days.

No comments: