1/10: different times of day

We're not back to our teaching schedule, so we were driving around this afternoon at an unusual-for-us time.  I was grateful to catch the lake at an unaccustomed time of day, just after lunch.  I love the line of mist at the water's edge in the distance--it's what made us pull off the road.


By sunset-time grey and rain had taken over, but I decided to walk down to the dock just in case there was fog rising from the water.  There wasn't, and after a few pictures (studies in neutral tones) I headed up the hill, the neighborhood dogs behind me.  As we were crossing the road, some cars came by, and I turned to make sure the dogs were alright; they are not good at resisting the temptation to run after cars.  That's when I saw a flash of the sunlight in a sudden lifting of the clouds at the horizon.  I ran back to the dock, the dogs excited by my excitement.  I would have missed it if it hadn't been for the dogs.  (I thanked them.)

2 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Both stunning!

Love the story of the dogs.

Thanks for sharing.

RR said...

I couldn't believe the sudden appearance of the light. It really was like a curtain lifting.