1/31: turn-around and all-time high

Low energy this morning, both physically and psychologically.  My guess is the psychological lowness was mostly due to physical fatigue, but the two are so intertwined these days (or so it seems) that it's hard to tell.  But then a mid-day rebound, facilitated partly by Coca Cola and partly by The Homeric Hymns we discussed in Myth class.  What a gem The Homeric Hymn to Aphrodite is.

Chris and I made it back from campus just in time to catch some of the sunset.  One of our neighbors came down to the dock, too, to clear his mind after his work-day.  (Sunset as non-alcoholic happy hour?)  Of course I took pictures:


As I was transferring the photos from my camera to the computer, I realized that I took about 2,000 pictures in January--definitely the highest monthly total I've ever had.  Quantity does not equal quality, of course, but picture-taking as part of my day is a habit that's developed over years and has been a good thing in my life.

No comments: