1/3: preparations

I made arrangements to see a friend on Saturday afternoon, and Chris and I made plans to go to Little Rock and meet up with our friend and co-editor Sandy on Sunday (the day Heron Tree posts its first poem).  We've kept largely to ourselves this holiday, in touch with people mostly by phone or email, but I'm excited to have some in-person visits lined up before the semester break ends.

And before today's sunset visit to the lake I made sure that I would be prepared with my camera.  I ran out of battery power on 12/29, just as I was noticing a particular play of light on the water, and I only got a few photos of it.  Today the conditions of light and water produced a similar effect, and this time I got many (many!) pictures of it.  Today's pictures have more glints and glistens in them, made by the trail (tail?) of the reflected setting sun.


No comments: