7/26: stretching

I've had a pinched nerve for almost a year now, and in the spring it got especially bad.  This summer I've been trying to focus some energy on rehabilitating it.  I thought progress was being made, but recently it flared up; still, it's not as bad as it was at the end of the school year, when it was hard to walk.  The doctor said that it's time to start doing stretches, something unthinkable in February, March, or April.   Today I popped in an old stretch-and-tone DVD which I really like, and it felt like an old friend.  There's a point in the video where the trainer says "It's so important to be flexible in everyday life."  I always thought that was a funny thing for her to assert, but now I feel its truth in a new way!  Though I'm not yet as flexible as I'd like to be, it felt good to be able to stretch again.

No comments: