7/2: progressively calmer

The day started off with some stress because Emma the Cat had to go to the vet unexpectedly.  I was anxious about him, he was anxious about himself, and he doesn't like going to the vet at the best of times; on top of that, the vet's driveway was blocked by construction, so I had to carry Emma in his carrier through a loud construction zone, and that did not improve his mood.

But the vet and his assistants took good care of Emma, one of the men on the construction crew was so sweetly apologetic, and I was able to bring Emma back home before lunch.  Since then we've been having a quiet day.  I had a large writing assignment due this evening, so I worked on that while Emma recuperated from the physical and emotional drama and Tilde dozed.  Though the morning wasn't great, I'm glad that the day is ending on a more peaceful note than it began.

No comments: