10/24: time and timing

When I was at the conference in North Carolina last week I changed my watch to reflect the time zone, and I didn't change it back.  This morning I was a little shocked when I was leaving the house and my watch read 8:30 a.m.--I had wanted to be up and out earlier than that.  Then I remembered about resetting my watch.  The rediscovery of an hour made it possible for me to stop by the lake on the way to work and enjoy some autumn colors on the water.


After a meeting at work today I learned about some coincidental timing.  Last spring a colleague and I ordered the same book (The Door by Magda Szabo) at the same time, thinking we might have a little book discussion group about it.  We didn't--but this past weekend we both independently decided to start reading it, so it looks like the time for our book group has come.

No comments: