2/19: starting the day

...with good things.

On weekdays (and, let's face it, most days) Chris gets up earlier than I do.  Before I wake up he readies the coffee machine with water, coffee, and my cup so that all I need to do is turn it on when I get out of bed.  It's pretty amazing to have it all waiting for me, day after day.

Yesterday I looked at some art while drinking my coffee, and I was especially glad to find this (link) work by Dora Wheeler, picturing Penelope and wrought in silk and embroidery.  Perfect blend of form and content.

This morning I couldn't face listening to the news on my way to school so I downloaded a new audiobook:  Heap House by Edward Carey.  My drive to work is only 10-ish minutes long, but that's enough time to get excited about entering a new world.

The dogtooth violets by the garbage pail are blooming so for the past week I've gotten to see them when I take out the trash each morning.  That's an extra boost to a mundane task.

And the pelicans seem to be lingering on the lake longer this year.  I saw four of them this morning.

No comments: