5/23: getting to ten

I'm very achey today, so it was a good day to use Barbara's suggestion of working toward 10 things.  I:  1) finished Tom Brown's School Days and talked with Chris about similarities between its reception and Little Women, 2) walked on the ridge while listening to Venetia, 3) talked with our neighbor Betty, 4) got some pamphlets ready to mail, 5) texted my mother (for her birthday) and some friends, 6) watched TV with Chris because we both weren't feeling up to much else, 7) packed some school books from the semester to take back to campus and clear (physical and mental) space for new projects, 8) verified my replacement credit card, 9) registered the Jeep, and 10) started reading a new novel.  

I miss Barbara's wisdom and perspective; I'm grateful our paths crossed, and I'm glad that every time I have a "keep going until you reach 10 things" day I especially think of her. 

No comments: