10/22: antidote for grumpiness

I usually buy "real" animal figurines, but this week I was feeling so unsettled, angry, demoralized, etc. that the "Grumpy Dragon" (that's the name it's sold under) seemed right.  I thought it might somehow help me deal with my feelings--by acknowledging yet externalizing them in and through an unreal creature?  I don't know.  There was one in stock across town, so a few nights ago Chris drove us there after dinner so I could buy it.  (I think he thought I might not buy it after all if left to my own devices; he was probably right.)  It turned out the first one I bought was broken, so we had to go back and exchange it.  Now the grumpy dragon has taken up residence on my desk, and today I took him outside for a few pictures.  So far he seems to help my spirits!

No comments: