3/11: an assortment

...of good things to end the work-week:

A student was excited about officially declaring a Classics minor.

A prospective student in Greek class wrote down all the notes--no mean feat for someone who's taken no Greek before and doesn't know the Greek alphabet.

In Greek we translated one of my favorite passages in Ancient Greek:  the verse in Luke where Gabriel refers to Mary's future baby as "the holy thing"--something that usually gets reworded in published English translations.

In my afternoon class, we shared moments of humor in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.

A colleague and I left campus early to beat the bad weather.  We didn't coordinate it, but we were locking our offices at the same time and so headed out to the parking lot together.  And our timing was perfect:  just as I was getting home, the precipitation was getting solid and icy.

The precipitation didn't stay icy, though:  it turned into one of the best kinds of snow, fluffy and picturesque.  I was able to work at our long table this afternoon, which gave me a great view of the outside as the snow was falling.  When I finished my work, I put on my coat and boots and tromped in the snow for a bit.

After dinner I walked with Chris to a neighbor's house where he was going to hang out for awhile, then I continued walking on my own.  I had my lantern in the dark, and being in the snow and air and night was wonderful.

No comments: