5/9: 4 things

1.  Finishing grading.  There are still a few things to ponder, and the final grades still need to be officially filed, but all the individual papers, tests, and quizzes have been graded and recorded.

2.  Baking cookies.  It's been about a month and a half since I last made cookies.  The time since spring break has just been so busy that I didn't think I'd be able to let go of other tasks enough to allow baking cookies to feel fun.  Today as a break I made the easy peanut butter cookie recipe and added powdered freeze-dried strawberries.  I was going for a peanut-butter-and-jelly taste.  It kind of worked.  I think I need to add more next time.  And/or I may try freeze dried grapes.

3.  Watching a video of a female bluebird building a nest (and laying an egg) in a bird box!

4.  Finishing erasures of Book 1 and Book 2 of the Odyssey.  It's something I had started in late March, and it's been nice to turn to it during these last weeks of the semester.

No comments: