7/29: morning, afternoon, evening

We went to get our 2nd COVID boosters this morning.  I don't know if they'll help us elude the variant that's going around, but at least we'll have done what we can as we get ready to head back to school.

I did my own Quiet Writing this afternoon!  I set myself up at home rather than in the campus library, but I set my timer and kept myself going for an hour, just as I used to at school.  And it was productive:  it helped me organize some thoughts before a writing project next week, and it helped me develop some new thoughts.

I re-read Forever by Judy Blume this evening.  I realized that it could be relevant (for comparison/contrast purposes) in my essay on Annie on My Mind, so I Kindled it and finished it in one sitting.  It has been decades since I read it, but so much of it was familiar, down to particular sentences.

No comments: