3/10: a new friend

On our way home this evening Chris and I saw a dog that looked abandoned/lost and hurt; she had a big sore on her back and we couldn't tell what it was from. Since all the vet offices in town were closed for the night, we drove to an emergency clinic about half an hour away. We arrived just as tornado sirens were going off--very surreal. After we were all done taking shelter in one of the clinic's back rooms, the vet staff cleaned up the dog's wound and gave her some medication. She is so amazingly sweet; even as I type she's here sitting at my feet and keeping me quiet company. We can't have her long-term because of our cats, so I hope we find her a good home. It is wonderful to look into her eyes and feel like we're friends who trust one another. She's going to be a great friend to someone else, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mailman delivered your beautiful postcard to me! Thank you for brighten up a rainy day here in The Netherlands!
Marieke

RR said...

I'm glad the card brought you some cheer, Marieke!