3/21: poetry plan

A year or more ago Chris and I tossed around the idea of a poetry exchange bulletin board at school where people could post a poem (either one they had written themselves or one of their favorites by someone else) and then take a poem that someone else had posted. We abandoned the idea because we couldn't think of a bulletin board in a heavily trafficked public place that someone might let us use. Today we decided to put up and use bulletin boards outside our own offices for the purpose. They might not get as much traffic and publicity since they won't be in a campus thoroughfare, but I'm glad that we're putting the idea into action, and it's a nice to think that I'll be able to peruse the board outside my office whenever I want to see what people have left. We think we'll roll out the idea for April, since that's National Poetry Month.

No comments: