9/22: artist alum

A former student returned to campus to give a public lecture this evening. He was a Studio Art major and Classics minor, and he's recently finished his MFA. He has an exhibition on campus for the next month, and tonight he talked through slides of his work. It was great to see him, to see his art, and to hear his thoughts.

Seeing him in person was a kind of funny thing. I see him (in a way) every work-day since he's in a series of photographs taken by another Studio Art major which now hang in my office building. Those photos have kept my picture of the student frozen, and today it was wild (in a good way) to see the difference between that image and the person he is now.

2 comments:

Meri M. said...

...sending out the note about my changing positions to a major supplier of ours that I had been working with for many years - I felt sick getting it down and then relieved when I pressed the send button... changes are good, even if they are not exactly what I would want them to be, but it is a good start for making greater ones...

RR said...

Good luck with making the change, Meri!