10/19: early bird benefits

I'm not an early-morning person, but I got up today at 5:30 in order to get a jump on school-work this week. One nice thing about driving to campus early is getting to see the colorful sunrise over the water as I pass the lake. Another happy thing about arriving early at school today was that my favorite parking place was available (other people really like it as a spot, too, so it's rarely free if I go in at my regular time). And a final good thing about getting to work early today was that I really did manage to accomplish my tasks in a timely and unhassled way.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Gee, I don't know if I've ever seen the world at 5:30!

My good thing is that it rained almost all day. The drought is not officially over, but 2 storms in one week can't hurt. I LOVE rain!

RR said...

I'm glad you're getting some needed rain, Barbara! Here we've had a few days without rain (after a very rainy autumn thus far) and it's been great to have the sun shine on us again. Maybe some of our rain came your way?