5/7: olive sauce

Last week I had made a large batch of olive relish for one of my Latin classes; I used an ancient Roman recipe--very fun (if also a LOT of chopping). Whenever I prepare food for more than Chris and myself I make too much; I'm not a good judge of serving sizes, and I'd rather have too much than too little. But then the question is: how much left-over olive relish do two people need? Chris had a great brainwave: he pureed it into a kind of sauce to use on pasta--as if it were olive pesto (if such a think exists). And it's fantastic. I think I could eat it every day as long as it lasts.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

That does sound good! I love pasta, I love pesto, I especially love olives! What time should I come over?

RR said...

I wish you lived just across town, Barbara, so that I could have you over; that would make my day!