3/12: a turn

...for the better in how today went.  I talked through some things one-on-one with students, re-establishing (I hope) some inter-subjectivity.  And a really disturbing display in the library--something that had overwhelmed me with its thoughtlessness and harmfulness yesterday--had been changed to remove the problematic part.

We looked at the Homeric Hymn to Demeter in Myth class; I brought long paper for the class to use as we mapped the poem's narrative, and the students had great things to say when we looked at the opening lines in Greek.  It's not a class where you need to know Greek, so most of the people in there were working from a word-by-word Greek/English interlinear hand-out I had made, and they did keen work analyzing it.

When I finally got home Chris had gone grocering and bought (among other things) a cake!

No comments: