10/31: good moments

I woke up to find unpleasantness awaiting me in the inbox of my work email--and I got caught up in answering it before I even fetched myself coffee and breakfast.  Though the unpleasantness continued to distract me throughout the day, I tried to focus on and appreciate good things:  texts from a friend, a walk across campus in the sun, two of my students' Halloween costumes, kindness from some students and colleagues, a nice project proposal a student had written, time to start reading a graphic novel presentation of Perpetua's diary, a stop at the bridge on my way home to photograph the reflections of colored leaves on the water, awesome cats, a Halloween card from my sister, a Halloween cookie that Chris brought home for me, an evening with Sophocles' Antigone--and not checking my work email before I head off to bed.

No comments: