8/21: reading, thinking, writing, talking

I read more of Olga Tokarczuk's Flights over breakfast early this morning.

Sitting on the porch after that I thought and wrote about the visual poetry presentation last night.  There was a lot to process, and I kept thinking I was done writing about it, and I'd turn a page and realize I had more to work through.  I liked having the time and space and energy to be persistent in following out my thoughts and questions.

When Chris came home from teaching we talked about some of the ideas from a slightly different perspective, sparked by something he said to his students today, and that was great too.

I also had phone calls with my mother, sister, and a friend.  That's a lot of telephone contact for me for one day, but I was glad for each conversation.

No comments: