8/11: slices

...of Milk Bar Pie in the morning (before my online meeting) and evening (after dinner).  I made it yesterday so it could sit in the freezer overnight.  Chris and I have been curious (for years) about it, ever since we saw it on Chef's Table, and I finally decided to give it a go.  It's a recipe with more steps than my usual choices, and I don't think it'll become a regular of mine (too many steps, too many addictive tastes combined in high quantities), but it was more tasty than I thought it would be, and I'm definitely glad I tried it.  

(I'm realizing that I post more about food than when I started this blog, and I'm a little self-conscious about that.  But I've gotten more interested in making nice foods--partly because Chris and I exhausted the limited local restaurant options for vegetarians, and I felt I could do a better job of making the kinds of things we like; partly because it's a chance to disconnect from work and be creative in a very concrete way; partly because COVID has kept our activities more home-focused; partly because the internet makes it easy to find recipes with particular ingredients I like; partly because time spent with my mother a few years ago reminded me of how fun it can be to craft good meals.)

No comments: