10/5: getting excited

...by ideas.  A senior Classics major shared a possibility for a final project, and it's lovely.  It loops back to text-alteration work she did with me early in her time at college but extends it by adding a critical/interpretive layer.  I talked with her in the early afternoon, and in the late afternoon I went to a discussion on some passages from the New Testament, my Greek New Testament in tow.  We were being invited to think about the passages from feminist and post-colonial perspectives.  It was very interesting to hear other people's ideas about the English versions of the passages, to make some connections to what they were saying, and to generate some ideas myself by seeing what resonances the Greek contained which might not be as obvious in English.

No comments: