6/14: getting through

...a tricky day, even if gracelessly.  I knew it was going to be a long one:  I had to get up at 5 to be ready for the online epigraphy program, and once it was done (at noon), I needed to get ready for my Johnny Floyd presentation, give it, and participate in the rest of that Zoom meeting.  It was all made more complicated and stressful by the fact that there was a sudden, strong thunderstorm right before the epigraphy sessions started, and our power went out at home.  So I had to get ready to go to school to use the internet there today, and I scrambled to pack everything that I'd need for the epigraphy program, my presentation (an extra computer plus microphone set-up), and food.  I ended up being off-kilter and wrung-out before 8 am.  But my school ID still had "free" money on it from the semester (I thought it would have expired, but I figured I'd check just in case), so I was able to use that to buy a Coke from the machine.  Getting through the day is its own sort of silver lining, but I'll count the free Coke as a silver lining too.

No comments: