8/3: a moosewood jump-start

I enjoy cooking to a certain extent, but I have definite limiting parameters: we're vegetarian, I don't have much time to cook, I'm not good at multi-tasking in the kitchen, and Chris especially isn't a fan of cooked vegetables. I felt like I was in a dinner rut, so I recently ordered Moosewood's Simple Suppers and also their Low-Fat Favorites. Yesterday we made a Vietnamese noodle recipe from Simple Suppers, while today I made a Mexican pasta salad from the other cookbook--and these are the best dinners I've had (at a restaurant or at home) all summer. I feel inspired to be in the kitchen again.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I was creating today too. I used my watercolor pencils to draw a plant from a photo reference and then I posted it on my blog because it sort of turned out. I get excited when something I make actually turns out!

RR said...

Hello, Barbara--I just went to your blog to look at your painting--thanks for the peek at pokeweed! I love that feeling of victory when a project turns out well at the end. (I always tell myself "process over product," but it's still a thrill when the product works out!)