8/9: getting to keep my greek font

This summer I switched my home computer from a PC to a Mac. I've been really happy with my Mac, but the biggest worry about making the switch involved my PC-only Greek font which I've used in countless documents for work and research. Chris ordered me my Mac before we had come up with a solution, and we decided to take a "cross that bridge when we come to it" approach (i.e., don't think about it until the school year starts and the issue becomes pressing). But today I got word that the updated versions of my Greek font will now work on a Mac. Hurray, hurray! This may seem like a crazy thing to be happy about--but, really, it's such good news.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Of COURSE! I have 2 friends with PhDs in Classics from UC-Berkeley -- a roundabout way of saying that I understand that you HAVE to have that font!

My one thing today is that I completely dismantled a 5-foot bookshelf, moved it aside, vacuumed under it, dusted the shelves and dusted every book (double-shelved!) and put everything back in place. No, I am not a neatnik, the polar opposite, but I've been trying to clean up a bit. I found hundreds of books I'd lost track of and some I'd really like to read.

RR said...

I'm glad you understand about the Greek font craziness, Barbara, and I cheer your book-shelf cleaning, too!