9/28: good things

I had a difficult day, including, I'm sorry to say, a mini-meltdown in the hour before lunch.  But there were good things about the day, too, and I'm so grateful for them.  A colleague immediately reinforced an email I had to write about something our department chair did wrong.  Since the colleague is also on sabbatical, I would have understood if she hadn't written; it was very nice that she took the time so I didn't have to be a lone voice.  Chris talked with me on the phone when I was having my meltdown and then went grocery shopping with me in the afternoon.  Throughout the day I made progress on a pamphlet-formatting problem that's been vexing me for weeks.  The evening air was perfect for a long walk, and I enjoyed watching the sky's colors as I listened to my audiobook.  I'm listening to The Owl Service by Alan Garner, and in this evening's installment one of the main characters has her own meltdown of sorts and a friend helps her through it.  It made me think about how good Chris is to me when I have troubles.

No comments: