12/19: 52 & 26

I signed up with Postcrossing in the spring of 2007, and over the years the number of cards I can have in motion at one time has grown to 52.  That's a lot to keep up with, and I don't feel obligated to always be sending the maximum allowed.  But today I decided to send all that I could, so I now have 52 cards on their way to 26 different countries:  Belarus, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Romania, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Ukraine, UK, and the USA.  It feels good to be making even fleeting connections with people all around the world.

2 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Rebecca, this is so cool. I'm thinking of signing up. Thx for sharing!

RR said...

I think you'd enjoy it, Sandy. I've met some wonderful people this way--including Ludger, Meri, and Barbara, who visit this blog & sometimes post in the comments. And it's very scale-able. As long as you register cards when you receive them, everything else is on your own time-table. I like that I'm not impeding someone else's enjoyment if I decide to slow down my sending rate to correspond to other things going on in my life.