12/29: looking at letters

I spent time this evening formatting poems that will soon be posted on the Heron Tree site.  I am glad to have gotten something done today, since the morning and afternoon were filled with unexpected ups and downs; at least I can end the day feeling like I've moved forward a little, too.

Maybe I'm spending too much time thinking about typography, but the light and shadow on the water during today's sunset looked to me like writing.  Undeciphered characters from an untranslated script:

3 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Poetry in your image and your words.

Ludger said...

...and seeing the beautiful, indeed poetic image of the lake's "writing" (which I find more calligraphic than typographic) I hear in my imagination the soft, ever-changing rippling of the water, reciting it's own poetry...
Ludger

RR said...

Thanks, Sandy and Ludger--I'm glad to know that others see/hear the writing on the water, too.