12/23: taking definite shape

The poetry journal which Chris, our friend Sandy, and I are co-editing will start to publish poems online in January.  At our meeting this afternoon we decided which poem should appear first, and we set January 6 as the date of its appearance.  That's Epiphany, which seems fitting.  (We chose the 6th because it's the first Sunday in January and we want to post a new poem every Sunday--the fact that it's Epiphany is just icing on the cake.)

I set up the basic site for the journal back in August, but now it really has to be ready to function well--which means I need to be able to make it function well.  I'm no web-design expert, so it's very much a learn-as-I-go situation.  This evening I did some experimenting to make sure that I can actually present the poems the way I imagined presenting them, and happily (relievèd-ly?) my experiments worked.  (What is quite strange is that I read a bunch of advice in on-line forums to find out how to do what I wanted to do--I implemented the advice, but I didn't like the effect, so I was able to figure out a much easier way to get the result I wanted.)

In May, Heron Tree was just an idea that Chris and I mused about while kayaking.  Now it's getting ever closer to a reality.

3 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

My happy thing is that you invited me on the journey. Ever thankful!

RR said...

Thank *you* for being so game from the very get-go, Sandy, to undertake such a project with two non-poets!

In the trip from thought to reality, Heron Tree could have become a number of things, but I'm glad of the shape it's taking, and that shape wouldn't have been the same at all without you as 1/3 of the team.

Sandy Longhorn said...

Awwwwwww. *blush*