11/17: a variety of good things

Let's have a list for today. Good things included:

- Getting ready for school this morning in a leisurely way yet still on time.

- Finishing my preparation for Latin class with time left to spare to work ahead.

- Chanting the full paradigm for hic, haec, hoc with the students in Latin class. (I love the way it sounds.)

- Getting more done in my office in the early afternoon than I thought possible (even though it meant resisting the temptation to call Chris so we could walk to the coffee shop for a scone).

- Having the upper-level Latin students finish their tests in plenty of time. (I was worried that I might have made their test too long.)

- Grading the lower-level Latin quizzes and finding that the class average for this quiz is a 91%.

- Leaving school in a timely way with Chris. There is too often the tendency for me to delay getting out at the end of the day.

- Eating some left-overs for dinner which were just as good (if not better) than when we first made them: an Asian noodle salad with peanut sauce, topped with cucumbers, carrots, and cabbage; for dessert, chocolate vegan cupcakes with peanut butter frosting.

- Hanging out with Chris and the cats for half an hour after dinner before turning back to work.

- Logging in and finding a comment from Meri already posted for today! (And it's a great good thing she wrote about, so check it out.)

5 comments:

Meri M said...

... my good thing was helping my daughter (10-yo) with her school project as there was lots of cutting and glueing - but what was even better was seeing her little sister (3,5-yo) do the same project completely on her own and enjoying it enormously constantly reminding us that we ought to pay attention that we are three now and that she also needs to use the scissors - it was living in that very moment realizing I am watching her grow into a wonderful independent individual with so much potential... and her big sister as well...

RR said...

Hello, Meri--This really is such a wonderful good thing. It made me smile a big smile as I read it. (Your daughters are so lucky to have you as their mother.) Thank you for posting!

Meri M said...

Thank you, RR.

Barbara said...

Oh I remember that -- huius, huius, huius or some such comes next. (It's been 50 years, cut me some slack!)

RR said...

Yes, yes, yes, Barbara, and bravo!