11/21: not taken for granted

I've been ill for two weeks! And in that time I haven't been able to take my usual walk. I'm not completely well yet, but I was well enough today to walk along the ridge this afternoon, and it felt so good.

This evening I talked with a friend on the phone for almost three hours. It was amazing, and a real reminder that I should never, never, never take the wonderfulness of friends for granted. Every bit of friendly and genuine contact with another person in the world is an occasion of grace and a cause for celebration.

3 comments:

elaine said...

my friend is going to fix my laptop.. it has had the blue screen of death for several weeks now.

glad you are feeling well enough to resume walking R. i share in the regained pleasure, and there is nothing quite like a dear friend.

Barbara said...

Wow, you were sick! Glad you're on the upswing.

RR said...

Thanks for your good wishes about my health, Elaine and Barbara! I feel like I'm less resilient than I used to be health-wise, and so I'm definitely grateful for any and all periods of healthfulness.