1/15: second coat smoother

I had 3 main goals for the winter break:

1. Writing and giving my paper.

2. Writing and submitting a new abstract.

3. Painting our garden windows over the kitchen sink.

I finished 1 & 2. Only 3 remains, and I got half-way done with it today. I thought it would be quicker, but I often under-estimate painting jobs. This particular job entails a lot of little nooks, crannies, corners, and edges--all of which need to be painted while I'm in a variety of not-so-comfortable positions, crouching on the kitchen countertop. I started in the afternoon, which turned out to be not a wise idea, since the sun was beating in on me as I worked. Once the first coat on one of the windows was done, I had to take a break. I did the second coat on that window this evening, during and after sunset, and that was much more pleasant. I hope it'll look good once it's dry, and I'm looking forward to painting the second window tomorrow (avoiding the afternoon sun, though).

1 comment:

RR said...

Doing the creative prompt was definitely a good thing!