1/2: a variety

A selection of today's good things:

- More ducks flying today than I have seen before. Their wings flapping in flight made them seem like they were blinking, twinkling lights.

- Opening paragraphs of my conference paper. There's plenty more to go, but at least the ice is broken, the first words written.

- A good email exchange with a parent about my summer London program.

- A quick, quick conversation with a neighbor who was passing by in his car as Chris and I walked. I like that neighbor's manner, his clear friendliness.

- New images on my bulletin board for the new year! The one above my desk has a teal-ish theme and uses some of my favorite cards that I have collected over the years. The board across from my desk now has all yellow images, and I am loving it's luminousness.

- Sweet biscuits. Chris tried to make a no-yeast sticky bun recipe yesterday and it didn't quite work, but we baked the dough anyway and got soft biscuits of a sort. Nice for breakfast, nice for dessert, nice anytime.

- First firing-up of the fireplace this winter. Prompted by a temporary loss of electricity, but a nice thing nonetheless. Or maybe especially nice for this reason!

2 comments:

elaine katherine laurin said...

new year journaling, inviting resolve

RR said...

I like the idea of inviting resolve, Elaine. I usually think in terms of mustering or summoning resolve, but a shift to inviting seems less fraught.