1/18: out of the (mental) oven

I've been contemplating the idea of teaching a course on Classical Myth in Children's Literature since (gulp) the spring of 2007. Tomorrow at noon, with our first class meeting, the course becomes a reality. It's time to take the metaphorical cake out of my mental oven, so I've spent the evening finalizing the schedule of readings.

I couldn't have had better luck with the students enrolled in the course--I've taught all of them before, and they're good students as well as great people. How lucky am I to be spending time with them as we read and discuss interesting stuff?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Today, I received a beautiful postcard from a fellow American whom I've never met. Best thing about today by far.

Barbara said...

Good luck, Rebecca. That sounds wonderful!

RR said...

Thanks, Barbara. The first class meeting today went well, but it'll be exciting when things really get underway.