10/14: alight

I'm still working on my paper today, but I took a short break this afternoon to wander outside in the sunshine. The air was so alive with a flurry of flying things. This sweet moth was on an aster patch which many bees, flies, wasps and moths could not resist. We can see it while sitting at the table in our main room, so I just had to go and check it out more closely.

Now that I've resumed sending postcrossing cards more regularly, I'm getting more mail. Today's post included a gorgeous photo of dandelion seed balls. The sender hoped that my receiving the card would count as one of my daily good things--and it definitely has! It's already propped up on my desk to keep me company as I write.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

What a lovely photo!

RR said...

Thanks, Barbara--I felt lucky that the moth stayed still & that my camera focused so well.

Anonymous said...

Yay i'm glad you loved the card. I really enjoy picking the perfect card for each person.