5/19: art in the morning

We went to the Arkansas Arts Center today in Little Rock before heading home. We visited one of my favorites in the permanent collection: a cubist painting of two women by Diego Rivera. And I realized that a painting of Andromeda in the permanent collection is by Odilon Redon--although I remember having seen it before, only this year have I started to recognize Redon's distinctive style, and now I'm glad to know there's an actual exemplar so nearby. Then I saw a new-to-me piece, a ceramic sculpture called "Rat Krater"--which I thought was fantastic but which I won't be able to describe successfully, so the evocative name will have to do the trick here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

helping a friend with a dilema she was agonizing over, she called later and was able to take successful actionf