5/29: liberated left wrist

At the start of last summer my watch stopped working.  And I didn't buy a new one.  Instead, I meditated on the fact that I had worn a watch basically non-stop since the second grade.  I had even taken to wearing a special watch while swimming!  So I decided to experiment with watchlessness.  It was great to spend a summer without a time-piece strapped to my body.  I tried to keep it up during the school year, but I really do need to be able to keep timely time during the semesters, so I bought a new watch and have been wearing it dutifully for the past months.  Today I realized that it's time to revert to last summer's practice and unstrap!

2 comments:

elaine said...

lingering in liminal time and space this a.m. ...delicious!!

rebbeca.."what need for watches when lovers hearts make time stand still", have a carefree unbound hourless summer.

RR said...

Thank you for your good words, Elaine--and nice to see you here (so to speak) when I logged in this evening!

I'm glad you enjoyed some delicious liminality this morning.