5/11: b.i.a. 50

We moved Chris' stuff out of his apartment by 10:30 this morning, and then we began the trip home. We drove through the Winnebago reservation one final time, and we took a leisurely detour from a direct route by going on Bureau of Indian Affairs 50, a winding dirt road. Chris said he'd only been on it once before--the snowy winter and wet spring made it not-so-passable at other times. But today was dry so we gave it a go. And it was beautiful: spring trees, spring birds, spring air. I'm grateful that Chris shared it with me.

3 comments:

elaine said...

belly ache laughter with my daughter

Meri said...

... playing games in a castle-tent in our sitting room... so different from what I had been going through days ago...
PS: I am happy for you and Chris being able to spend more time together now.

RR said...

Oh, Meri, I'm glad for your game-playing! And thanks for your good words--it feels good for Chris & me to be in the same place again.

And it sounds like Elaine had some happy time with a loved one today, too, so yay for all of us!